FANUC America now offers Certified Education Robot Training to qualifying High Schools, Community Colleges, and Universities. With FANUC America's educational robots, students can learn to utilize the latest automation technology while applying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Industrial robotics training in the classroom can safely be achieved through the CERT program. FANUC America provides the necessary training to the instructor as well as a curriculum to introduce students to robot applications including: integrated vision systems (iRVision), programming a logic controller, and using ROBOGUIDE simulation software.
To accompany the CERT program, an eligible school can purchase a new innovative educational tooling package. With this package, students will utilize the same robots and software that are used in industry including integrated vision systems (iRVision), programming a logic controller, and the use of ROBOGUIDE simulation software. Schools can use the new package to integrate robot training into their programs and initiatives. Some of the successful approaches used by educational institutions are:
- Integration of robotic automation to teach design and manufacturing concepts
- Creation of new courses and project-based activities to prepare students to work with robotic automation
- Add robotic automation facilitated learning to Career Technical Education programs
- Integrate CERT program with career cluster curriculum
- Apply industrial robot training to engineering technology curriculum
- Add CERT program to community workforce retraining initiatives